Saturday, May 09, 2009

Asus EEE 900 MUST- KEEP- TEMPER

I'll go back to the story later, this post is current time.
I'm still trying to get better use out of this puppy.  I'm still stuck using the default dumb (easy) interface.  I thought I had outsmarted the machine, and planning on installing Easy Peesy Ubuntu, made especially for laptops, and it even lists my PC900 on the compatability list.  I followed the directions at http://www.geteasypeasy.com/.  I went out and bought a 4mb USB stick for it, downloaded and ran the installer and installed it on the USB stick, but now I cant figure out how to boot off of it.  I tried changing the bios, tried all three USB ports, but can't get it to work.

Let me step back.  There was one weird thing I did to get to the above.  I couldn't get the Asus to run the installer program, so I D/L the windows version and ran it on my desktop PC.
Gonna check the help page

No comments: