Thursday, June 10, 2010

NoCO bike dealer tour

I spent the morning hitting all the moto dealers on I25.
Sat on the Suzi TU250 (MSRP $3799). Impressed, going back TUE for a test.I've read great things about it, and figure it'd be a good around town and short trip bike. Suzi says it gets 82mpg. Going to test it on TUE.
At Honda, I sat on the new VFR, and was unimpressed. Very sportbike,little touring. The NT700V (they had both the standard $9999, and the $10999 ABS models) is looking better every time I see it. It may not be 100+ HP, but it feels comfortable, has good protection and luggage.The on board computer said it's getting 38mpg, which seems what they all get these days. It might be a bit higher on a longer ride. May test it on TUE.
Went to Beemers and More on CO14, and really liked the BMW F800ST they had. It's an '08, 3K miles, and already lowered. Consignment at $9500(new is 12525 for the 'standard package model'). Again, going to test on TUE.
Finally stopped at Euro and sat on a bunch I am interested in. I was most interested in the Ducati Multistrada. They had the low seat installed, and it was still to high, but I don't know the suspension mode it was in. They say it makes no difference?!?! Sat on the R1200GS and RT, both were too high, but I know that they become OK with the lowered seat and lowered suspension setup.


Still pissed I didn't win a auction last week on a Buell Thunderbolt. This thing was loaded with every option and extras on many parts. Still, I'm in no rush for any new bike.

No comments: