Saturday, July 10, 2010

Went to Elitch Gardens Theme Park: Amusement & Water Park

Yesterday, I went to Elitch Gardens. Weather was 70-85 and clear. Got there about noon, stayed to about 6pm. Crowds/lines biggest/longest when we arrived (30min for Mind Eraser). Hit all the big rides. They put a fresh coat of paint on the rides this year. However, some were closed: Superman rollercoaster (for a few years), the observation tower (again, for a few years), Troika, Rainbow (may also be closed, as I don't see it on the map), Shake Rattle and Roll. I rode some rides for the first time: Chaos, Halfpipe, Ghost Blasters, Dragon Wing.

It was a good day, and I had fun. Went with a friend and his family (minus his youngest boy). Food and drink still expensive, like the $9 beer or the $8 soda (w/ $1.50 refills). Had a footlong homemade corndog. Drank only water. You couldn't self serve water. I expected jugs scattered around the park with paper cups, but there were none. Instead you had to go up to a soda stand and ask for water, and they gave out small plastic cups of water. I was constantly thirsty.

No comments: