Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Tesla Christmas Flu

Got a call this morning, that the electrician that was to install my charging station is sick with the flu and that they wouldn't make it.  I wish this call would have come the day before, as I woke up early to admit them.  They're trying to get a different guy either Friday or Saturday (12/26-27). If they can't, I've been told the soonest I'd see them is Monday, Jan 5.  I think that date is holiday related, as in they're off from now until then.

If the Tesla does come in before the charger is installed, that leaves me to use a regular 120V AC wall plug to charge.  With that connection, it recharges 3 miles an hour.  Even so, that mean I'd be able to recharge enough overnight to easily offset a regular day driving to and from work.  If I need more range I can default to my pickup truck, or go to a local quick charger, which should charge about 20-30 miles in an hour.  The Tesla superchargers in Denver can do about 170 miles in HALF an hour.

No comments: