Saturday, February 18, 2012

Turn the page, another chapter begins

Sold Project Mazda, my 1989 323GTX. I got what I paid for it, so I broke even, other than all the time an money I spend servicing it. I learned a lot from it, from what to look for when buying a used car, negotiating a price, and dealing with service and problems with the vehicle. I sold it to a friend, so I'll be able to monitor it and help if any problems occur. This leaves the driveway empty- easier to shovel snow from, and easier to use any vehicle in the garage.

It gets me to thinking what's next. I'm happy with what I have, but still want an AWD vehicle. I figure I'll just keep going with what I have until something dies, and replace it with something AWD. I regret not getting the AWD version of the Charger, so that's high on the list for my next car. Or, I could go to an SUV like the Grand Cherokee. The Cherokee is supposed to come out with a diesel version next year, which should raise millage while keeping power. The new Subaru Impreza has a new engine and gets the highest MPG for any non-hybrid AWD vehicle 27/36mpg. It has no power, but it's a trade off. I bet it has enough for most use.

No comments: