Saturday, May 08, 2010

Pens, paper, and lefties

I'm a lefty. That brings about challenges. One of them is writing, where my hand goes over the text I just wrote. After a day of writing, the back of my ring finger is shaded from the smeared pencil or ink. At work, people have had trouble using ball point pens on thermal paper. Mainly the problem happens when there's nothing under the paper but the glass tabletop. Put a piece of regular paper underneath, and the pen works better. But, I hate having to need a loose piece of paper to hand someone when the pen doesn't work, as it does work some of the time. This morning I went out to try and fix this problem, while still allowing the ink to dry fast enough to not smear when I use it. I bought a pack of the new Sharpie Pens, and a pack of the Pilot Varsity disposable fountain pens.
Both seem to work, but it's an expensive fix to the problem, so I'll need to keep an eye on the pens to prevent them from disappearing. I think others will enjoy their first fountain pen experience.

No comments: