Saturday, May 08, 2010

More Mustard Sardines

OK, I had one more tin of mustard sardines, and I wasn't looking forward to this. The cheapest brand of sardines I found was Beach Cliff. They had two varieties available, so I bought one of each (I'm trying every variety available in town from every market). I tried the plain last week and it was so bad I put it in the alley for the cats. It was mushy, had a bad taste and texture. Now, the other tin was mustard, so I figured the strong taste would cover up the bad qualities of the fish. Wrong. I had three or four bites before it too went into the alley. It took the animals two days to eat it all.

I also had the second tin of Herrings I bought from Sprout's. Bar Harbor Wild Herring Fillets. The first was great, a Cabernet Wine Sauce flavored tin. This one was pepper flavored. Not as good as the pepper taste was too strong, but it's good meat. I'd get it again, but would get the wine flavored tin first.

No comments: