Thursday, July 31, 2008

Update!

Almost August, and things are heating up for me. I've tried, in the last year, to do more stuff, taking advantage of having Tom being able to work for me. He gave his notice last weekend, that he'd be leaving within two weeks. However, I'd already made plans further out. I'm heading to Indy, for Gencon, and to see the family. This is the first Gencon I've made since 2004. I wondered why, and have a few reasons:
1) It's the same weekend as the PKA Denver Knife Show.
2) The store wasn't doing well.
3) I had no employee working for me, so I'd have to close the store.
4) I hate quick trips, so I want to be there longer, which means store closed longer.

I've pre-registered for Gencon, saving me $25. I've bought plane tickets, and changed them (for an additional fee). I was going to arrive the Wed before the con, and leave the following Wed, but I changed them so I arrive Friday the 15th around noon, and leave a week from Saturday the 23rd early. This new schedule loses me a day and a half at the Con, but gains me a FRI afterwards so I can go to the Indy 1500 knife and gun show. I've heard good things about it.
I did double book myself, but have canceled my hotel reservation in Denver.
So, I don't want to skip this trip and lose all that money I've paid, so the store will be close AUG 15th through AUG 22nd. Even if I hire a new guy before then, it's too short a training period before I leave for him/her/it to get up to speed.

quickies:
I'm seeing a Directors cut of Long Way Down tonight over in Ft Collins.
Solar guys didn't show this morning, we're going to reschedule, but Dad and Tom are leaning on me to get solar installed at the Dungeon before home as Dungeon electric bills are higher, and I can save more money off the cost of installation at a Business via Government rebate.
Meeting with Keven this Tuesday. I need to get some cash, and want to ask him what his job is. Looking at some of my stocks from 2005 vs now, and I see some have dropped 75%. He's supposed to be actively watching my portfolio, so I wonder if he may be slipping or never good at this part in the first place. He is great at picking Mutual Funds, but may be lacking in other areas.

No comments: