Wednesday, November 08, 2006

YAPEDP (yet another post election day post)

As a Republican, I am a bit depressed at the outcome of 11/7. The MSM was saying this was going to happen for months, but I hoped they were just spinning hopefully. Here in Colorado, we elected a Democrat as Governor, and both of the state houses are also Democrat. I've said in the past that I prefer Repubs on the National stage and Dems on the Sate level, but have ended up voting straight Repub even on a state level do to my interest in guns, knives, and motorcycles. I received an email from the Colorado State Shooting Association today, brooding the worst is coming and now is a time to rally new members. Of course if we had won, they would have asked for more members to take advantage of our majority. Still, I hear that many of the new Federal Dem Reps are pro gun, but we'll see over the next two years if they prove that true, or follow the party line of anti-gun. 'They' say this election was about the War in Iraq, but what I think we'll find out is that there are unintended effects of Democrat majorities.

No comments: