Tuesday, October 09, 2012

On a slow boat from China

I'm a sucker for new technology when I embrace it.  However, getting older, I find the familiar comforting.  After three years of ownership of the first Motorola Droid, I decided it was time for an upgrade.  Weighing the advantages of staying with Android, or jumping to Apple, I went to the cellphone store to get a iPhone 5.  I believe the software advantages of apple make the phone a better long term deal than an Android phone with its superior hardware.  I was told I will get it early November.

I bought an iPad this spring.  I never owned a laptop PC, and after a short infatuation with Netbooks, went with the New iPad, and haven't regretted it.  The Apple OS is a little weird (no flash), and Apple isn't currently on the best terms with Google, where I have most of my online life.
I've started reading books much more in the last two years.  I've been taking advantage of our local library system (impressive for a little county in Colorado).  Sometimes I can even check out a book in eBook format and read it my iPad.  My problem with the iPad is that the screen is shiny and hard to see and read outside, where I enjoy reading.  So, I broke down and bought the new Amazon Kindle Whitepaper E Ink eReader which works better in bright sunlight.  While I received the AC adapter in the mail today, the reader will get here in early November.

I have two devices racing to my doorstep.  Did I really just pay hundreds of dollars for products I wasn't able to take with me out of the store?

No comments: